The Canon DR-C225W WiFi Scanner Overview
Introducing Canon wireless scanning. With its small size and flexibility, the DR-C225W scanner is ideal for various industries such as legal, healthcare, financial, and real estate. The built-in wireless capability allows for scanning across various devices and can be used by individuals or shared by small workgroups to modernize paper-based processes and help increase efficiency and productivity. When combined with the bundled software, this affordable wireless scanner can be used for converting documents into editable electronic files; scanning business cards and organizing contacts; file archiving, retrieval, and sharing; searchable PDF creation; and much more.Features
Wide Range of Uses:
- Ideal for various industries: legal, healthcare, financial, real estate, and more
- Built-in wireless capability allows for scanning across devices and sharing
- Bundled software allows for the converting of documents into editable electronic files, scanning business cards and organizing contacts, file archiving, retrieval, and sharing, searchable PDF creation, and more
Space Saving Design:
- Top feeding & default top eject
- Slim, unique, and upright design, with small footprint
- Scans up to 25 pages per minute in B&W, grayscale, and color1 - both sides of an item in a single pass
Reliably handle a wide variety of document types
- Thick or thin documents
- Plastic or embossed cards
- Scans long documents up to 118.1"
- Folio Mode for scanning oversized documents
- Detects doubles-feeds
- Helps reduce cable clutter
- Broadens connectivity options
- Can work in select Windows and Mac environments,
Can work with iOS devices such as iPads and Android devices
- Free downloadable Canon CaptureOnTouch Mobile app
- Intuitive, front-side-forward, top-up item feeding
- One click for multiple features settings
Scans and connects to third-party cloud based services
- Microsoft® SharePoint®
- Sugar Sync
- Google Drive™
- Scans and connects to third-party cloud based services
- ISIS/TWAIN drivers
High Image Quality:
Includes features to help improve legibility of hard-to-scan documents
- Trims, straightens, and removes shadows from scanned images
Scans mixed batches of documents and photographs
- Automatically adjusts resolution to improve image quality
- Automatically detects color
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to help create searchable and editable information
- Includes features to help improve legibility of hard-to-scan documents
Environment In Mind:
- Meets ENERGY STAR guidelines
- Eu RoHS and EU WEEE compliant
- ErP Lot 6 directive for energy consumption compliant
- One year warranty included - Advanced Exchange Service
Optional eCarePAK extended service available
Specifications Main Unit Specs
Model Name imageFORMULA DR-C225W Type Office Document Scanner Document Feeding Automatic, Manual Document Size Width U-Turn Path: 2.0" - 8.5"
Straight Path: 2.0" - 8.5"
Document Size Length U-Turn Path: 2.8" - 14.0"
Straight Path: 2.1" - 14.0"Long Document Mode: Up to 118.1"Folio Mode: Up to 11" x 17"
Feeder Capacity Up to 30 SheetsDocument Weight:
U-Turn Path: 14 - 32 lb. Bond
Straight Path: 11 - 58 lb. Bond
Grayscale 8-bit Color 24-bit Scanning Element One-Line Contact Image Sensor (CMOS) Light Source RGB LED Operating Modes Color, Grayscale, Black and White Drop Out Color RGB Optical Resolution 600 dpi Output Resolution 150/200/300/400/600 dpi Scanning Speeds Black And White (Simplex/Duplex):** Up to 25 ppm / Up to 50 ipm Grayscale (Simplex/Duplex):** Up to 25 ppm / Up to 50 ipm Color 24 Bit (Simplex/Duplex):** Up to 25 ppm / Up to 50 ipm Interface USB 2.0 or WiFi® Scanner Drivers Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later, Microsoft Windows XP x64 Edition Service Pack 2 or later, Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 2 or later (32-bit/64-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or later (32-bit/64-bit), Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 (32-bit/64- bit), Mac OS 10.7.5, Mac OS 10.8.5, Mac OS 10.9.1 Dimensions 8.7" x 11.8" x 6.1" (with tray closed) Weight 5.95 lb. Power Consumption 12.7 W or Less (Energy Saving Mode: 1.7 W or Less) Other Features Automatic Color Detection; Automatic Page Size Detection; Automatic Resolution Setting; Background Smoothing; Character Emphasis; Color Dropout/Red Color Enhance; Deskew; Duplex; Edge Emphasis; Face-Up Feeding; Folio Mode; Image Rotation; Long Document Mode; Moiré Reduction; MultiStream; Pre-Scan; Prevent Bleed-Through/Remove Background; Shadow Cropping/Removal; Simplex; Skip Blank Page; Text Enhancement; Text Orientation Recognition; Three-Dimensional Color Correction; Ultrasonic Double- Feed Detection; User PreferencesBundled Software: ISIS® and TWAIN Drivers; Canon CaptureOnTouch; Nuance eCopyPDF Pro Office; Nuance PapertPort; Nuance OmniPage; NewSoft Presto! Bizcard; Evernote Bundled Mac Software: TWAIN Driver, Canon CaptureOnTouch; Nuance Presto! PageManager; NewSoft Presto! Bizcard; Evernote Options Exchange Roller Kit; Flatbed Scanner Unit 101; Flatbed Scanner Unit 201; eCarePAK Extended Service all available at Scanner One, Inc.Other Features: Automatic Color Detection; Automatic Page Size Detection; Automatic Resolution Setting; Background Smoothing; Character Emphasis; Color Dropout/Red Color Enhance; Deskew; Duplex; Edge Emphasis; Face-Up Feeding; Folio Mode; Image Rotation; Long Document Mode; Moiré Reduction; MultiStream; Pre-Scan; Prevent Bleed-Through/Remove Background; Shadow Cropping/Removal; Simplex; Skip Blank Page; Text Enhancement; Text Orientation Recognition; Three-Dimensional Color Correction; Ultrasonic Double- Feed Detection; User Preferences
** Examples based on typical settings, rated in pages/images per minute with letter-sized documents at 200 dpi portrait feeding directions. Actual processing speeds may vary based on PC performance and application.
• WiFi capability works with iOS devices 6.1, 7.0 or later, Android 2.3.3 or later.
Δ CaptureOnTouch Mobile works with iOS 4.3 or later, Android 2.3.3 or later. CaptureOnTouch Mobile is available at the App Store or Google Store.
ΔΔ Subscription to a third-party cloud service required. Subject to third-party cloud service providers' terms and conditions.
⟩ The facts and product statistics about EU RoHS and WEEE were obtained from Canon Electronics Inc. as of 2014.
⟩⟩ Calculations based on scanning speed and assumed daily time of use.
Have you had the opportunity to use the DR-C225W and want to share your experience? Register and leave a review about the Canon wireless scanner today.