Canon recently announced the discontinuation of the following two document scanners:
- The DR-2510C document scanner
- The Mac compatible DR-2510M scanner
I have personally been waiting for this to happen for over a year now. It did not make since for Canon to have multiple scanners by the same model number for the PC or the MAC environment. The only difference was the “M” after the model number for the MAC users. It was confusing for the buyers to determine the difference and what model to purchase.
Canon makes the purchase of a MAC scanner much easier now by introducing two new document scanners.
The Canon DR-C125 and the Canon DR-C130. These two scanners plus the Canon P215 will work on PC and MAC. Now Macintosh users have a suite of scanners ranging from 15 pages per minute to 30 pages per minute. The new Canon C125 and C130 reliably converts paper-based documents into high-quality digital images, and its compact footprint makes it ideal for any office environment be it a PC environment or MAC environment.
Canon C125 and the Canon C130 specifications:
- Document feeder capacity of approximately 30 to 50 sheets
- Fast Duplex Scanning (Double Sided at the same time)
- Optical scanning resolution up to 600 dpi
- B&W/Greyscale/Color Scanning
- Scan long documents up to 118 inches in length
- Plastic Card Scanning on the C125 (Medical Cards, Driver’s License)
- Embossed Card Scanning on the C130 (Medical Cards, Driver’s License, Student ID’s + Embossed Cards, Credit Cards)
- These document scanners have a Suggested Daily Volume of 1500 to 2000 scans
To gather more information on the Canon C125 or the Canon C130 Document Scanner for PC and Mac visit us online at http://www.scannerone.com/canon/
Scanner One, Inc. is service Authorized for Canon and we offer Replacement Roller Kits for all of the Canon DR Scanner line.
Feel free to call Scanner One, Inc. for any of your document scanner needs. We can be reached Toll Free 888-395-8570