Check out the new video just created by Scanner One. The video demonstrates how to clean the rollers on a Canon CR-190i.
It’s important to keep the rollers and reading glass clean on your document scanner. Allowing contaminants such as dust and ink to build up can cause scanned documents to have lines and be unreadable. The video above shows a quick cleaning of the Canon CR-190i but I’ve also included the steps below.
Quick steps for cleaning the rollers on a Canon CR-190i scanner. Please contact Scanner One if you need further assistance after reviewing the steps below and watching the video above.
- Remove the top cover
- Open front and back covers
- Use a soft lint free cloth with either rubbing alcohol, mild detergent or water
- Turn larger rollers with one hand while using the cloth in your other hand to clean
- Turn larger rollers to rotate the smaller rollers while using the cloth in your other hand to clean
- Use a Q-Tip if you are unable to reach rollers in small areas
- Clean the surface of the scanning glass with a dry cloth
- If you notice scratches on the scanning glass please notify Scanner One for service
- Close back cover
- Close two front covers
- Install top cover